Central West Focus Area Steering Committee Charge
During the Council meeting on October 24, 2012, the Council endorsed the following purpose for the Central West Focus Area Steering Committee:
- To maintain the integrity of the planning process
- To insure that the process is open and participatory
- To receive and integrate community feedback
- To facilitate communication with the community
- To work with the consultant and staff to develop a process and schedule
- To begin in December of 2012
- To present a draft plan before the last June 2013 meeting of the Council
- To present a final plan to Council no later than December 2013
- The Council also requested the following as a product from the Central West Focus Area planning process:
- Create and deliver a small area plan for the Planning Area for Council consideration
- To work with the consultant and staff to develop a process and schedule for reporting to the community (the “accordion model
- Gather the necessary data/expertise for making informed decisions
- The Steering Committee’s end product should be a small area plan which combines the visual images with descriptive text and includes the reasoning, or “whys,” behind the plan.
- The Council also requested the following in regards to the schedule:
- The Steering Committee is encouraged to work with the consultant and staff to develop a process and schedule that will allow time for data collection and plan review and comment by the community at large at several stages throughout the process (the “accordion model”).
- The process should begin in December of 2012 with appointment of a Steering Committee and a possible first Committee Meeting; a draft plan should be presented to the Town Council before their last June 2013 meeting for Council consideration and guidance; a final plan should be provided no later than December 2013.